Sustainable Finance in Emerging Markets Views from MENA
- 9:00 am 9:45 am Washington, D.C.
- 2:00 pm 2:45 pm London
- 3:00 pm 3:45 pm Brussels
was part of the IIF ESG Webinar Series
, which was designed to promote understanding of the rapidly evolving landscape for ESG disclosure and to align efforts to measure and track climate finance. The objective of this ESG webinar was to discuss sustainable finance efforts in emerging markets (EM). This was the first of a series of ESG webinars focusing on EM expertise from different regions. This webinar spotlighted views from the MENA region.
As the Chief Sustainability Officer for a leading EM bank, Commercial International Bank of Egypt (CIB), Dr. Dalia Abdel Kader shared her insights on the state of sustainable finance in emerging markets and highlight the overlapping features of the EM sustainable finance agenda with trends in mature markets. Damian Hales from Deloitte joined the discussion to present the key takeaways from the Deloitte/IIF survey on The Future of the Chief Sustainability Officer, focusing on the increasing role of CSOs in shaping the sustainability agenda globally.
- The similarities and differences between sustainable finance in emerging and mature markets and where emerging markets fit in to the global sustainable finance agenda
- Engagement of regulators in emerging markets with regards to sustainable finance
- Identifying risks and opportunities related to sustainability in emerging markets
- The increasing importance of ESG to mobilize private capital into emerging markets
- The role of sustainability professionals in promoting the ESG agenda
- Dalia Abdel Kader, Chief Sustainability Officer, Commercial International Bank (Egypt)
- Damian Hales, Partner, Deloitte
- Liz Roberts, General Counsel, IIF
For questions or more information about the series, please contact [email protected]