- 10:00 am 11:00 am Washington, D.C. / New York
- 3:00 pm 4:00 pm Glasgow
We were delighted to host Financing the Transition Unlocking Funding for Clean Technology,
which is part of our COP Talks
series. This series built on the themes and ambitions of the COP26, which was held in Glasgow on November 1 - 12. The financial services industry is an integral player in the quest to achieve a net-zero economy and to support broader sustainable development goals, and our COP Talks covered some of the toughest yet most important issues facing the industry.
Shifting the global economy to meet net zero goals will require significant transitions across all industries, leveraging new technology however, the current green premium means that the cost of these new technologies can be a barrier to transition. The financial sector has a key role to play in unlocking funding for the most promising new technologies solar, wind, biofuels, low-carbon hydrogen and in developing innovative financial mechanisms and partnerships that will ward off green inflation and support a just and equitable transition. The fascinating case studies in this session provided a closer look at how the financial sector is supporting the transition, with a particular focus on funding for clean technology.
- Tim Adams, President and Chief Executive Officer, IIF
- Kareen Boutonnat, CEO for Europe and International, Lightsource bp
- Alistair Drage, Director, Head of Structuring & Sector Development, HSBC Equipment Finance
- Tom Fletcher, Director, Corporate Finance - Power & Utilities, EY
- Tom Groom, Global Client Service Partner, EY (moderator)
- Chris Kimmett, Director of Power Grids Business Unit, Reactive Technologies
- James Nicholson, Partner, Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility, EY
For questions or more information about the series, please contact [email protected]