The Mainstreaming the Transition to a Net-Zero Economy: Perspectives from the G30
webinar was part of the IIF ESG Webinar Series
, which was designed to promote understanding of the rapidly evolving landscape for ESG disclosure and align efforts to measure and track climate finance.
In this webinar we discussed the recent findings and recommendations from the Group of Thirty (G30) economic and financial leaders from across the public and private sectors in their Special Report on Mainstreaming the Transition to a Net-Zero Economy.
The report presented a robust and inclusive strategy to amplify and mainstream the global transition to a net-zero emissions economy. It calls upon governments, businesses, and financial institutions to each take steps towards achieving a net-zero economy, including recommendations relating to carbon pricing, disclosure and scenario analysis. We discussed the report and its recommendations with expert speakers from the financial industry who have been closely involved in its development.
The webinar took place on Thursday, November 12
at 10:00 am Washington, D.C. / 3:00 pm London / 4:00 pm Brussels
, and included time for audience Q&A.
- Carole Crozat, Head of Thematic Research, Blackrock Sustainable Investments
- Caspar Siegert, Vice President, Sustainable Investing, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Huw van Steenis, Group Managing Director and Senior Advisor to the CEO, UBS
- Sonja Gibbs, Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance, IIF
- Katie Rismanchi, Policy Advisor, Regulatory Affairs, IIF
For questions or more information about the series, please contact [email protected]