Sustainable Finance in Emerging Markets Views from Asia
- Wednesday, March 10 at 9:00 am - 9:30 am - Malaysia / Singapore
- Tuesday, March 9 at 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm - Washington, D.C.
was part of the IIF ESG Webinar Series
, which was designed to promote understanding of the rapidly evolving landscape for ESG disclosure and to align efforts to measure and track climate finance. The objective of this ESG webinar was to discuss sustainable finance efforts in emerging markets (EM). This was the second in a series of ESG webinars focusing on EM expertise from different regions. This webinar spotlighted views from Emerging Asia.
On March 10 we were delighted to discuss the future of the sustainable finance agenda in EM Asia with Luanne Sieh from CIMB Group, and learn more about key challenges and opportunities for financial institutions in the region, what drives the regulatory landscape, and the state of play on climate and ESG disclosure practices.
- Key drivers of the sustainability agenda in the region
- The pace of sustainability integration across corporates in EM Asia
- Sustainable business development and competition risks and opportunities
- Investment stewardship and the role of the financial institutions
- The increasing role of ESG in mobilizing private capital flows into Asia
- Luanne Sieh, Head, Group Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility, CIMB Group
- Sonja Gibbs, Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance, IIF
For questions or more information about the series, please contact [email protected]