- 8:00 am 9:00 am Washington, D.C. / New York
- 12:00 pm 1:00 pm Glasgow
We were delighted to host The Future of ESG Disclosure
which is part of our COP Talks
series. This series builds on the themes and ambitions of the COP26, which will be held in Glasgow on November 1 - 12. The financial services industry is an integral player in the quest to achieve a net-zero economy and to support broader sustainable development goals, and our COP Talks will cover some of the toughest yet most important issues facing the industry.
Effective disclosure is fundamental to scaling climate finance. Efforts to deliver consistent global ESG disclosure standards are rapidly gaining momentum as the G20, G7 and international standard setters chart course, while the IFRS moves ahead with a new International Sustainability Standards Board. At the same time, EU is setting out comprehensive disclosure rules, the U.S. is exploring approaches to climate-related disclosures, and TCFD recommendations are increasingly referenced by regulators in the context of expectations and requirements. Looking across this landscape, there are many challenging areas including the materiality lens used to assess risks, opportunities, and impacts, and the choice of new forward-looking metrics. As the private financial sector seeks to push climate/ESG disclosure to the next level, how can we ensure convergence towards a global standard that can support the complex dynamics of aligning the global economy with a Net Zero pathway?
- Michelle Auger, Global ESG Strategy Director, Franklin Templeton
- Judson Berkey, Managing Director, Group Head Engagement and Regulatory Strategy, Chief Sustainability Office, UBS
- Rahul Ghosh, Managing Director of ESG Outreach & Research, Moody's
- Janine Guillot, Chief Executive Officer, Value Reporting Foundation
- Jeremy McDaniels, Senior Policy Advisor, Sustainable Finance, IIF (moderator)
- Veronique Ormezzano, Head of Group Regulatory Affairs, BNP Paribas
Event presentation The Future of ESG Disclosure
For questions or more information about the series, please contact [email protected]